REVIEW: The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back by Aaron Blabey


Title: The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back
Author: Aaron Blabey
Publication Date: May 1st 2016
Publisher: Scholastic Inc
Part of a Series?: Yes, Book 3 of the Bad Guys series
I Got A Copy Through: Scholastic India (THANK YOU!)
Buy Links: Amazon IN || Amazon US || Amazon UK || Barnes and Noble || The Book Depository || Wordery || Flipkart || Snapdeal || Infibeam
Blurb DescriptionThe Bad Guys are about to have a VERY BAD DAY! Mr Wolf and his bad, bad buddies have messed with the wrong guinea pig. And this nasty little furball wants revenge! 
Will they survive? Will they be heroes? And will they just stop trying to eat each other? 
It’s time to put on your chuckle-pants and find out!

Why am I reading a book for children, you might ask? After all, I’m scheduled to enter the last of my teens a mere FIVE days after I write this review and so far away from a five year old kid. Honestly, I have one reason:

-          THIS SERIES IS HILARIOUS. It’s about traditionally Bad Guys trying to be nights in shining armour while trying not to EAT the very creatures they’re trying to save and well, IT’S HILARIOUS.

I dove into Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Again almost immediately after I put down (and wrote my review for) Episode 2. It’s that kind of quick, funny book and series that are perfect to binge and that’s exactly what I did.

This book is slightly different from the rest of the series because it’s in this one that the “Bad Guys” get introduced to the Big Bad Villain (who, in the fashion of this book breaking appearance stereotypes, is a cute hamster) and it’s a whole lot of kidnapping madness.

-- We also get to see the evil doctor’s plans for taking over the world at the end of it, and even though it was evil, this book had me laughing so hard that there were tears in my eyes because:

-- I honestly love that the beginning of this book also had the “Bad Guys” finally being called good guys (or crazy guys, that was yet to be determined)

-- The “Bad Guys” ended up eating each other in the middle of a disagreement and I was laughing because WHO DOES THAT? (The conversation then continued on from inside their bellies)

-- There’s a ninja/ secret agent

HONESTLY, WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?

I’m going to be starting Episode Four right away buy you guys, if you have cousins, nephews, nieces, kids or know kids who are looking for books to read, RECOMMEND THIS SERIES TO THEM.


A hilarious, gorgeously illustrated book that had me crying from laughter. 4 stars. 
Aaron BlabeyAaron is an Australian author of children's books and artist who until the mid-2000s was also an actor. His award winning picture books include Pearl Barley and Charlie Parsley, The Ghost of Miss Annabel Spoon and the best-selling Pig the Pug.

In the field of acting, he is probably best known for his lead roles in two television dramedies, 1994's The Damnation of Harvey McHugh, for which he won an Australian Film Institute Award, and 2003's CrashBurn, before retiring from performance in 2005.
Have you read any books from the Bad Guys series? What did you think of them?
What were some of your favourite books as a child? Do you still read any of them?
I can't wait to hear from all of you! <3!

No comments:

Post a Comment