Stacking The Shelves #14 - The One Where I (ACTUALLY) Bought E-Books!

I have been spending TWELVE HOURS A DAY in college, and then coming home only to sit down and do assignments, and I am WIPED OUT. I'm so sorry I haven't blogged this week, I was just so out of it, I couldn't properly formulate thoughts...

Who knew that two weeks into college I'd already have one of those days where I just couldn't wake up?

Anyway, Welcome to Stacking The Shelves #14! Stacking The Shelves is hosted by the lovely folks over at Tynga's Reviews and it's all about the bought, borrowed and gifted books that reached your shelves this week!
So, what treats did I get this grueling week?

FOR REVIEW:

From Guardian Children's Books:

1. You Know Me Well by David Levithan and Nina LaCour:
FRIENDSHIP AT FIRST SIGHT? This tag line sold me completely, and the lovely people at the (now closed *sobs forever*) Guardian Children's Books were kind enough to send it to me! I'm still expecting one huge parcel from them (with all surprise books!), and so when that arrives, my time with them will officially be over, and I'll... (crying brb)

From Bloomsbury India:

1. Tanya Tania by Antara Ganguli:
The awesome people at Bloomsbury that simply love feeding me gave me this awesome book to review. This book is set around the time of the Pakistan Riots in 1992 and is in the form of letters between two girls - one in urban India and the other in Pakistan.

My family was originally from Pakistan moved to India in 1947 (during the partition of India) and so this book is kind of like visiting my ancestral home. The book releases today and if you're interested, my review will be up tomorrow! I'm only 16 pages in and IT IS EVERYTHING!

BORROWED:

1.City Of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare:
A friend in college practically yelled at me for believing that this book was as bad as the movie, and so here I am, giving TMI a try for the first time!

Your thoughts on this series?

BOUGHT:
Amazon India had a lot of kindle promotions this week, and so I got these
book:

1. Adorkable by Cookie O'Gorman:
I actually heard of this book through Melissa Robles from The Reader and The Chef on Twitter, and I NEEDED IT. BEST FRIEND ROMANCES ARE MY ACHILLES HEEL, OKAY? *throws a party for unknown reasons*

2. Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton:
Recommended by Rhea over at Rhea's Neon Journal and I AM SO EXCITED! I love books that can screw around with my head!

What AWESOME reads have hit your shelves this week? Did you have a good/ great/ super tiring week? 

Link me up because I can't WAIT to visit your awesome posts (as soon as I finish my assignments, I PROMISE!)

No comments:

Post a Comment